pre grass abate            Codes Enforcement              post grass abate

Codes Enforcement Division is responsible for initially issuing applicable codes and ordinances dealing with environmental issues.

The codes enforcement division is responsible for issuing notices and enforcing city ordinances. All complaints received are addressed within two business days. They are addressed and citizens are given a time frame to comply. Once the case is in compliance we close it out. If no progress has been made, depending on the violation, we either turn the case over to our abatement division or further action may follow with court proceedings. Our most common violations include tall grass, trash/debris, inoperable vehicles, and parking on an approved surface, along with many others.  If you would like to make an anonymous complaint please call our office. (931)-645-7426 


Renters: Anyone renting a property within city limits, who are having issues inside and can not get a landlord/property management company to correct please come into the office to fill out a HOUSING REQUEST FORM. These forms are not available online, you must come into the office and bring a valid form of I.D. before we can inspect any issues.

Domesticated Hens:Domesticated hen applications can be printed here or found in our office. Depending on zoning some citizens can have a limited number of hens on their property. Please click the link for further information. Hen Application & Packet Please call our office for any questions or concerns

Yard Sales:Within the City of Clarksville a resident can host two yard sales per year, each sale not to exceed three consecutive days in length. Permits are required and are free of charge. For more information and to print the permit please click the link below. Permits must be turned into our office prior to the sale. They can also be found and approved within the same day at our office.Yard Sale Permit 

Swimming Pools:We all know summers in Tennessee are HOT! Swimming pools do become a safety concern for a lot of citizens. Anyone thinking of installing a pool is required to get a  placement permit within our office. For information regarding swimming pools and placement of pools, spas, or hot tubs please check out our link for regulations.  Swimming Pool Regulations

Fences:We do not permit fences unless they exceed 6ft in height, however when a fence is installed there are certain requirements pertaining to where they are placed in a residents property. Mostly for adjoining property owners safety. The following link will provide information on height requirements and setbacks for fences.  Fence Requirements 

Beekeeping:Anyone interested in Beekeeping Regulations  please check out the link provided. Read through our city ordinance and TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE regulations pertaining to beekeeping. The links below are also helpful for more information.                                                

State Apiarist

Clarksville Montgomery County Bee Association


Last updated: 5/23/2018 4:19:28 PM